I HAVE NOW DECIDED TO CREATE A SONG THAT HAVE SENSE - LIL KESH


In a new interview with Punch, the “shoki” star opened up about his career, his pastor dad’s reaction to his music, the direction he intends to take henceforth, and more about his relationship with YBNL.
                         

HOW I FELL IN LOVE WITH MUSIC

In all my life, i really love music, and due to the love i have for music,  the incense feeling has taking me far. I never knew i will one day become an artiste. My dad is a pastor and he owns a church. 


DO MY DAD REALLY LIKE THE KIND OF SONGS I SING

Those  lacking sophistication songs are basically about me doing my job and he doesn’t interfere. Besides, not all my songs are vulgar. I have recorded songs like Ishe, Semilore and others. However, the ones that go viral are the ones with vulgar lyrics. I understand my markets, and I know the the study of the structure of human populations using statistics relating to place  I’m directing my music to, which is the youth and adults. I’m a blunt entertainer, but I consider my fans, and always try to give them what they want. But this year, I decided that I’ll feed my fans with more meaningful songs that will inspire them.

 HOW I KNEW OLAMIDE

I recorded a song titled Lyrical in late 2013, and Olamide heard it sometime in 2014. Apparently, he loved it, and he said he wanted to meet me. When I met Olamide, he had a contract ready for me, and that was how my career kick-started. I was blessed enough to record a hit song within months, and my career has been growing ever since. I have always seen Olamide as a king, and I even respect him more now. Despite the fame and fortune around him, Olamide is just like the guy next door. He is easy-going and down-to-earth. He is friendly with everyone and he could eat from the same plate with you without airs and graces.

ON MY DAD'S REACTIONS TO MY MUSIC
My dad was cool with it. He lets you do whatever you want to do. He feels that whatever his life story is doesn’t have to affect the way his children live their lives. According to what he used to tell me, everybody must live his or her individual stories. He watched me grow from being part of the choir, learning to play drums, and attending music shows. Till now, he gives me all the necessary support and respects my decisions.
WHO INTRODUCED TO ME TO OLAMIDE

Yes. Viktoh is a friend to Olamide’s younger brother, DJ Enimoney, and he had known Olamide for about five years before I came into the picture. We used to meet at some talent hunt competitions, and he was the one that played my song, Lyrical, to Olamide. He actually signed both of us on the same day.

Post a Comment